- Species: pachycalvularia viridis
- Classification: Biota> Animalia (Kingdom)> Cnidaria (Phylum)> Anthozoa (Class)> Octocorallia (Subclass)> Alcyonacea (Order)>Stolonifera (suborder)> Clavulariidae (Family)> Clavularia (Gender)> Clavularia viridis (species) / Pachyclavularia viridis (species)
- Water parameters required:
- Salinity: 1023-1025
- Temperature: 23 to 26¬ļ C
- Calcium: 400 to 450 ppm
- Alkalinity: 8-12 dKH
- Magnesium: 1200-1350
- Strontium: 8-10
- PH: 8.10 to 8.40
- Iodine: should aded often since this family of corals like the xeniidae family are big consumers of this element
and when not present in the water deteriorate.
- Salinity: 1023-1025
- Distribution: All the central strip of the Pacific from the west coast of Africa to New Guinea and Australia. Indo-Pacific region.
- Description: The pachycalvularia viridis is a coral fouling panel. Has shared a thick tissue, from where the polyps, which can be brown, green and white possibility of mouth opening. Individual polyps can be less than 1 cm wide and 1.5 of altura.Los polyps have the clear green, yellow or green tentacles. Each of them has eight thin and smooth tentacles. These arms surrounding a central opening or mouth, which often is of a contrasting color. Other variations of the color can be brown, white or yellow polyps. In addition to the green star polyps, polyps Star Coffee is also a common color.
It is an aggressive coral and can completely cover other corals, but also run the risk of being burned or irritated by other nearby corals corales.Otros with powerful nematocysts can cause polyps do not extend. If conditions are ideal, can grow 2. 5cm to mes.Es coral very easy to maintain and the only thing required is moderate or heavy current, turbulent water to remove debris and help to fully expand their p√≥lipos.Acepta any light intensity and actinic lighting will make the issue coral fluorescencia.La HQI lighting may be too intense and burn their polyps
This coral spreads rapidly, is aggressive and adapts to any area in the aquarium. This relentless growth can be used to decorate or cover particular areas in the aquarium.
Otherwise, it may help to keep the colony on a rock that is not in contact with other live rock aquarium, or can spread and cover other corals.
- Food: from zooxanthellae and particles collected in the water column.
- Ilumination: Tolerant, living on the upper edges of reefs and lagoons, prefers middle to high intensities.
- Corrientes: Sox in gentle currents tend to collapse.
- Reproduction: Very fast by fixing the edge of the fabric to adjacent surfaces. It is easy to knock off a piece and fix it on another rock gel cyanoacrylate.
- Characteristics: Some specimens usually have a splendid green. Within this group we can find morphological diversity.
- Incompatibility: it is not a coral urticaria can suffocate other but if so it is advisable to leave space between the coral and otros.No many fish to bite this coral
- taxonomic classification: WoRMS
- Price: The price depends on the size of the colony (10 ‚ā¨ -60 ‚ā¨)
Roadmap corals (special aquarium practice)
comprehensive guide to marine invertebrates (Tristan Louguerv Devechi 2009)